Monday, December 8, 2008

Sick Puppy

Yesterday I went to our ward for the first time. It was interesting, nice but interesting. The Relief Society has four rows of chairs. Three of the four rows were filled with Old Ladies. One of the rows was filled with a few young ladies though no one looked under 30. Yep, at 23 years old, I looked like I belonged in Young Women's. It was super fun! The ward did have some younger people but most of them belonged in primary or Young Women's/Young Men's. Haha, just playing...sort of. Anyway, there were a few who looked about 30 and maybe a little younger than that, but it's safe to say that we are currently the youngest adults in the ward. Yipee!

I decided that I would keep our tradition of getting up in Fast & Testimony and introducing us to the ward. It was sort of like that Fast 'n' Testimony meeting in North Carolina. A little girl, who looked about 4 or 5, decided she was going to bear her testimony. She marched herself up to the podium, bound and determined to have her say. She got up to the podium and looked out at the audience. A look of horror filled her face and she turned and ran screaming out of the chapel. It's safe to say that I felt JUST like that little girl. I marched myself up to the podium and then looked out over the crowd of people (many of whom were parents of my friends and even some of my boyfriends from high school) and I just freaked. I'm happy to say that I didn't run out of the chapel screaming, but I seriously felt like it. I just cried and my body shook so hard my voice quivered through the whole thing. I hurried and said what I needed to and then got the HELL out of there! It was a GREAT introduction of our family! Ugh! Any way, I met with the Bishop afterward and he just wanted to know how we were doing and let me know that the ward is there for us. It was nice. He's really nice.

After church I loaded June up and we went up to my parent's house. She did pretty well other than Leo (my parent's dog) attacked her. But don't worry I clobbered (is that a word) Leo and saved June. She spent a little time on Leo's pillow and I think that she ate some of Leo's dog food...maybe a LOT of Leo's dog food. Because today, well, I left her in the kennel most of the day because it snowed last night and she DOES NOT like the snow. She tries to pick up all of her legs at the same time and just ends up flopping over into the snow. Any way, I left her in the kennel most of the afternoon. At about 4 I decided that i needed to go give her a break and maybe another chance at the snow. I walked into our house and I smelled dog poop. I instantly knew something was seriously wrong. June had gotten the runs and it was EVERY WHERE! Yes, EVERY WHERE! It was all over her, her blankets, her kennel, the walls and floors of the kitchen...EVERY WHERE! I pulled her out and ran her outside to hose her down. Then I got to work de-pooping (not a word but i'm going to use it) the kitchen. I was seriously regretting not moving her to the garage, then I could have just hosed it all down. The house SMELLED AWFUL! I had to turn on every fan and light every candle we have but thankfully the smell went away. It's a good thing because the Relief Society Presidency is coming tomorrow morning and it would NOT have been good for our house to smell that way when they came.

Well, so the story gets better. After giving her some time outside and a little Pepto Bismal, I figured she was doing better and brought her to my parent's house. I set her up by the front door and let her play there. Lizzie decided she wanted to play with June instead of helping Sara put up the Christmas tree (which was her chore), so she went over and June tackled her! At the same time she erupted! Lizzie got covered with puppy poop! Lizzie screamed and shoved June away. June screeched and skidded across the hardwood floor to the corner. Sara started laughing hysterically.

Lizzie started to yell...not at June...but at me! She was mad a ME because June pooped on her. Dad and I go running up stairs (I was talking to your mom while all of this was going on) to find Lizzie dripping poop and bawling her head off. Dad shoved Lizzie outside and made her strip to her underwear while he went and got her a towel to cover up in (gotta love us country bumpkins). Poor Lizzie is just sobbing the whole time. I hurried to grab a towel and clean up the mess, but you know how I am with yucky smells. I started gagging and I seriously thought I was going to be cleaning puke up as well. (My dad was also gagging the entire time this was happening, I thought he was going to throw up too!) AND the WHOLE time Sara is rolling on the floor laughing with tears streaming down her face and screaming about the "BEST christmas present EVER!" She felt like Lizzie's Karma for not helping Sara had caught up with her.

Yes, it was an eventful evening in the Kelly House. Lizzie is still mad at me and she growls every time she passes poor June. (I'm worried. June's pretty sick. I hope this won't last too much longer. She is definitely sleeping in the garage tonight!) Sara will just start giggling for no apparent reason (though i think we all can guess what it is) and Dad keeps teasing Lizzie about puppies and poop. It's definitely a normal night with the Kelly's.

I miss you. I hope that you made it into Iraq ok and that I'll hear from you again soon. I'm going into some serious withdrawals not talking to you today. I miss you! I LOVE YOU!!
I LOVE YOU!

No comments: